Do ya like Technology, Gadgets and Cosumer Electronics in general? If so than this is the page for you! Here the ProDataMan team will curate our favorite pieces of breaking technology news. Enjoy…
- Forever21’s parent company sued Bolt, but now it’s a shareholderby Mary Ann Azevedo on July 6, 2022 at 12:15 pm
A lawsuit that was filed against one-click checkout startup Bolt by one of its biggest customers will be dismissed as the two parties have agreed on a settlement, the companies announced jointly […]
- UK launches antitrust investigation into Microsoft’s $69B proposed Activision acquisitionby Ingrid Lunden on July 6, 2022 at 12:07 pm
One more hurdle up ahead for Activision Blizzard, the games giant behind “Call of Duty” that Microsoft is looking to acquire for $68.7 billion. The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority has […]
- Celus, which uses AI to automate circuit board design, raises $25.6Mby Paul Sawers on July 6, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Just about every electronic contraption you care to think of contains at least one printed circuit board (PCB), which serves to house and connect the various components that allow the device to […]
- IBM acquires Databand to bolster its data observability stackby Kyle Wiggers on July 6, 2022 at 12:00 pm
IBM today announced that it acquired Databand, a startup developing an observability platform for data and machine learning pipelines. Details of the deal weren’t disclosed, but Tel Aviv-based […]
- This Covid-19 Rapid Test Hit Its Lowest Price Ever on Amazonby Brenda Stolyar on July 6, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Stock up with these iHealth at-home antigen tests.
- The Morning After: ASUS’ ROG Phone 6 has a clip-on thermoelectric coolerby Mat Smith on July 6, 2022 at 11:15 am
In a nutshell, ASUS’ new powerful gaming phone is all about bigger specs and faster performance. It has a 165Hz 6.78-inch display, with 720Hz touch sampling rate, up to 18GB of RAM and a bigger […]
- Finli puts service-based business payment management in the palm of your handby Christine Hall on July 6, 2022 at 11:03 am
Finli’s platform was developed so owners could send invoices, look up customer information and check on payment status in between gigs.
- Crypto gaming firm Cauldron raises $6.6M to build ‘Pixar of web3’by Jacquelyn Melinek on July 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
A number of crypto gaming firms have ramped up production in the past year with hopes of revolutionizing the growing industry. Adding to the list is London-based gaming firm Cauldron, which plans on […]
- Permanent Birth Control Is in Demand in the US—but Hard to Getby Grace Browne on July 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
After the Supreme Court’s Dobbs ruling, more people are seeking to get their tubes tied—assuming they can find a sympathetic doctor.
- Why Some Video Game Companies Are Staying Silent on Abortionby Megan Farokhmanesh on July 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
Following the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe, many in the industry piped up. But for Texas studios, the potential for legal retaliation looms.
- The Best USB-C Cables for Your Phone, Tablet, or Laptopby Simon Hill on July 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
Unravel the tangled world of cords and find the ones you need to charge your gadgets and transfer data.
- The Infamous 1972 Report That Warned of Civilization's Collapseby Matt Simon on July 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
The Limits to Growth argued that rampant pollution and resource extraction were pushing Earth to the brink. How does it hold up 50 years later?
- The Digital Divide Is Coming for Youby Chris Stokel-Walker on July 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
More services are going online-only—catching more people on the wrong side of a widening gulf.
- How to Avoid the Worst Instagram Scamsby Matt Burgess on July 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
Fake sellers. Competitions. Crypto cons. There are plenty of grifts on the platform, but you don’t have to get sucked in.
- Meta sues Chinese company’s US subsidiary for scraping Facebook and Instagram databy Paul Sawers on July 6, 2022 at 10:39 am
Facebook’s parent company Meta has announced that it’s suing the U.S. subsidiary of a Chinese tech company, accusing it of offering data scraping services for Facebook and Instagram. The social […]
- Amazon's smart thermostat falls to a new all-time low of $42 ahead of Prime Dayby Mariella Moon on July 6, 2022 at 10:25 am
Amazon has already started selling a bunch of its smart home devices at a discount, almost a week before Prime Day even begins. One of the most notable deals that's already available is Amazon's […]
- India raids Vivo offices over money laundering allegationsby Ivan Mehta on July 6, 2022 at 9:27 am
India’s anti-money laundering agency raided more than 40 offices of Chinese phone-maker Vivo across the country on Tuesday over allegations of money laundering, the latest in a series of […]
- Nothing can’t resist the NFT hype, and its fans are questioningby Rita Liao on July 6, 2022 at 9:04 am
Nothing, the consumer tech company started by OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei and known for its aggressive marketing, unveils a non-fungible token project called Black Dot. Its fans are skeptical. Black […]
- These simple changes can make AI research much more energy efficientby Tammy Xu on July 6, 2022 at 9:00 am
Deep learning is behind machine learning’s most high-profile successes, such as advanced image recognition, the board game champion AlphaGo, and language models like GPT-3. But this incredible […]
- Crypto broker Voyager Digital files for bankruptcyby Manish Singh on July 6, 2022 at 8:47 am
Voyager Digital, a high-profile crypto broker, has filed for bankruptcy, citing market volatility and the surprising collapse of Three Arrows Capital, just weeks after it suspended withdrawals, […]
- Amazon is giving Prime subscribers a free year of Grubhub+ deliveriesby Mariella Moon on July 6, 2022 at 8:34 am
Amazon has announced a handful of new perks for Prime members ahead of Prime Day this month, including free deliveries from nearby restaurants. All Prime members in the US will now get access to a […]
- Autochek acquires CoinAfrique to grow its footprint in Francophone Africaby Annie Njanja on July 6, 2022 at 8:00 am
Automotive e-commerce company Autochek has expanded to new markets in Africa after acquiring CoinAfrique, a classified ad marketplace, nearly two months after the Nigerian startup acquired Moroccan […]
- Amazon takes a Prime step back into restaurant delivery in the US with big Grubhub investment and partnershipby Ingrid Lunden on July 6, 2022 at 7:02 am
Amazon tried but then ultimately stepped away from building its own cost-intensive Grubhub and DoorDash competitor in the U.S. back in 2019. Now three years on, it’s taking a different approach to […]
- Azota is solving exam headaches for Vietnam’s teachersby Catherine Shu on July 6, 2022 at 6:13 am
Creating and grading tests is one of the most time-consuming tasks teachers need to deal with. In Vietnam, a startup called Azota wants to help with an online software platform that not only helps […]
- Netflix says 'Stranger Things 4' racked up over 1 billion hours viewedby Mariella Moon on July 6, 2022 at 4:49 am
Stranger Things 4 has become the most popular English-language series on Netflix with the premiere of its last two episodes. The streaming giant has revealed that the show has racked up 1.15 billion […]
- Frederic Court of London-based Felix Capital on working with, and fending off, American VCsby Connie Loizos on July 6, 2022 at 2:52 am
Last month, at the same time that the London-based venture firm Felix Capital was announcing that it has closed its fourth and newest fund with $600 million in capital commitments, we had a separate […]
- AI chipmaker Rebellions gets $22.8M Series A extension from Korean telco company KT by Kate Park on July 6, 2022 at 2:39 am
South Korean AI chip developer Rebellions has raised a $22.8 million (30 billion KRW) extension to its Series A financing from a strategic investor KT, one of the largest telecom companies in South […]
- Sure, Tesla, a solar trailerby Harri Weber on July 6, 2022 at 1:49 am
Over the weekend, Tesla showed off its latest gadget: a solar trailer, featuring extendable panels, a satellite internet terminal and even a lick of matte-black paint. Tesla may have designed the […]
- Peakflo’s bid to build business payments for Southeast Asia attracts capital, customersby Alex Wilhelm on July 6, 2022 at 1:00 am
During the most recent Y Combinator startup batch, Peakflo stood out to TechCrunch. The company’s simple pitch — Bill.com for Southeast Asia — fit neatly into the broader narrative of the world […]
- The cryptopocalypse is nigh! NIST rolls out new encryption standards to prepareby Dan Goodin on July 6, 2022 at 12:35 am
Decision will be binding on many companies and change the way they protect your data.